You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
GenerationOtaku  
                  Contact an Admin Twitter Facebook GO RSS Feed  
Go Back   GenerationOtaku > General Talk > Multimedia > Games

Old 01-07-2012, 05:10 AM   #11
Emeralda
Ningen

Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedpanda View Post
due to baseless accusations that all pc gamers are pirates
Still, most of them. But Xbox's underground is also thriving when I see all those game torrents out there.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:25 AM   #12
wastedpanda
Ningen

It's unfair to say that they're losing business over the pirates of pc games though. Just because it's EASIEST to pirate for doesn't mean all pc gamers are pirates. My entire game library on my computer is legally bought ( except for games that aren't commercially available for me. However, maybe if they were to actually make games WORTH the $60+ that people are paying for them with all 4 - 5 hours gameplay included in the single player, I could see maybe some validity to their bitching. As it stands now though: If you're a big game company, and you release a title for $60+, it better have more than 4 or five hours of gameplay in it, otherwise it's not worth that price tag.

What ever happened to replay value, or even making quality games?
Old 01-08-2012, 05:23 AM   #13
Emeralda
Ningen

Quote:
It was just yesterday that we relayed the rumor that PlayStation 4 and the next Xbox console are E3-bound. But if famous Wedbush Morgan Securities industry analyst Michael Pachter is to be trusted, MCV's report is off the mark.

Financial magazine and website Forbes is reporting quotes from Pachter about MCV's rumor. "I think there's zero chance of a tease from Sony for PlayStation 4," Pachter told Forbes, continuing that a new Xbox at E3 is unlikely, too, placing the odds at "20 percent."

"Neither console is launching in 2013, so there's no reason to tease them in 2012," Pachter concluded.

This flies in the face of the original MCV report, the source of which was described by MCV editor Ben Parfitt on Twitter as "exemplary, 100% concrete, ultra high level."

Of course, such a claim doesn't necessarily pinpoint who could possibly know the rival companies well enough to be intimately familiar with both Sony's and Microsoft's E3 plans. But MCV's Editor-in-Chief Michael French did tell IGN that their report is "very credible."
/discuss
Old 01-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #14
Zero Phoenix
Banned

No Avatar

Just because the consoles won't launch in 2013, that doesn't mean they won't be shown in 2012. Sony unveiled the PS3 like two or three years before it actually came out.
Zero Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #15
Furano
Incoming Doitsu Butcher

Why bothering now over the new consoles, when the following games are highlights on the game-olymp? I just wont go with the hype and try to remain calm over the things. I also wont intend to switch to microsoft, cuz just because!!! Sony is way better and there are way more Games and online troller to take care of. Also if they focus on better graphics like they should have in Skyrim for PS3 i'm totally in for it. Otherwise i think RPGs kinda die out these days so i want to see way more good graphic RPGs, otherwise ill get an NDS and play some pixeljunk.
Not to mention that i highly await Blade & Soul to come out since it'll be an interesting new way for MMORPGs to shine.
After my conclusion about the new consoles hype i just facepalmed and laughed hard PS3 is still the best among them and will be for some years. As well as some retro games are by now and ever be.

Spoiler

Last edited by Furano; 01-11-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Furano is offline   Reply With Quote