You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
GenerationOtaku  
                  Contact an Admin Twitter Facebook GO RSS Feed  
Go Back   GenerationOtaku > Anime and Manga > Everything Anime

Unread 10-31-2011, 09:28 AM   #1
Darken
Titles4Posies

Default LastExile :Fam,The_Silver Wing

OK tell you the truth , the 1st one I manage to watch till episode 18 I think , then for unknown reason I just Quit o.o

and Same thing goes for this one , every time I try to start this anime , something pop up and keep me away xD
So Guys , Anyone manage at least to pass 1st episode ?
Unread 10-31-2011, 11:06 AM   #2
Surreal
Ms Important, gotta <3 me

I haven't sat down to watch this yet. But as for the first, I made sure I bought the dvd set and made a weekend of watching it all. ^^ Speaking of which, where the heck did I pack them. O.o

I was more than happy when I saw they were doing a second series. But of course, like anything else I really want to watch, I wait on the DVD release. >.< It better not take too long.

The art on both series is just insanely good. And how can you say no to steampunk?
Unread 10-31-2011, 11:11 AM   #3
Darken
Titles4Posies

1st season was good , but at the middle become Grey , didn't know what was going around ~.~
and that pedo girl squash my heart when she kissed the main T.T she is pedo WHY !!?
Unread 10-31-2011, 12:42 PM   #4
crwallenberg
Ningen

I liked the first season.. A good ending ^.^
Didn't know the second season has already come out so I'll have to check that out

Spoiler
crwallenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2011, 12:50 PM   #5
Zero Phoenix
Banned

No Avatar

I was a big fan of the original. Haven't seen this one yet. Maybe one of my peeps has it.
Zero Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2011, 06:36 AM   #6
Darken
Titles4Posies

@Walking Dead
@Zero Phoenix

3 Episode already upped here , check Ongoing on my Sig ^^
Zero Phoenix (11-01-2011)
Unread 11-01-2011, 02:48 PM   #7
pranta0013

I am hoping to watch this too !! >..< ... liked the first season very much .. and it was kinda in my top 5 for quite a while .... but workload holds me from having fun these days .... I wish I had more time to watch anime and read manga.

Spoiler
pranta0013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2011, 11:41 AM   #8
Zero Phoenix
Banned

No Avatar

I wonder if I'm the only one who has started to watch this. I saw the first two episodes and I'm a bit confused. The creators claim this is the 2nd season to Last Exile (who airs a second season almost a decade after finishing an original series) but that doesn't fit. I saw the original and none of this makes any sense. Dio was a teenager in Last Exile but here he's just a boy. There is no mention of Claus, Lavie, or Alvis anywhere and the Guild is virtually non-existent. I can understand if this is meant to be a prequel but there is too much that doesn't fit.
Unread 11-15-2011, 07:21 AM   #9
Plum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Phoenix View Post
I wonder if I'm the only one who has started to watch this. I saw the first two episodes and I'm a bit confused. The creators claim this is the 2nd season to Last Exile (who airs a second season almost a decade after finishing an original series) but that doesn't fit. I saw the original and none of this makes any sense. Dio was a teenager in Last Exile but here he's just a boy. There is no mention of Claus, Lavie, or Alvis anywhere and the Guild is virtually non-existent. I can understand if this is meant to be a prequel but there is too much that doesn't fit.
It's not exactly 2nd season, actually. It's LE-Fam, The Silver Wing.
It has different storyline and characters, although some characters from the original may still be used but their backgrounds are different, because basically it's in different world.
Dio died on the original story, he fell while looking for Luciola after regaining his memory. Unless he landed alive somewhere under the sky, he logically won't come up in this LE-Fam (or at least there won't be the older Dio). Besides, there's no more Guild, the new enemy is Ades Fed.
The main characters are also different, here we have Fam and Giselle, and the vanship is not called vanship but Vespa. Their job is not a courier but pirate, and so on.
Plum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 08:14 AM   #10
Zero Phoenix
Banned

No Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plum View Post
It's not exactly 2nd season, actually. It's LE-Fam, The Silver Wing.
It has different storyline and characters, although some characters from the original may still be used but their backgrounds are different, because basically it's in different world.
Dio died on the original story, he fell while looking for Luciola after regaining his memory. Unless he landed alive somewhere under the sky, he logically won't come up in this LE-Fam (or at least there won't be the older Dio). Besides, there's no more Guild, the new enemy is Ades Fed.
The main characters are also different, here we have Fam and Giselle, and the vanship is not called vanship but Vespa. Their job is not a courier but pirate, and so on.

I couldn't get with this so I looked up some information on a Wiki.

http://lastexile.wikia.com/wiki/Dio_Eraclea

Dio is confirmed to be alive. This is canon. However, there is no explanation for how he ended up on earth or how the other characters got there for that matter. I don't recall anyone hopping a ride on Exile besides Claus, Lavie, and Alvis but apparently quite a few characters of the original cast made it to earth. Yet it's almost as if very little in the way of events has carried over into this series. I can't help but feel that the creators of Last Exile just wanted to repackage the anime and make it for kids and girls.