You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
GenerationOtaku  
                  Contact an Admin Twitter Facebook GO RSS Feed  
Go Back   GenerationOtaku > General Talk > Multimedia > Games

Old 11-16-2011, 04:23 PM   #101
Lamb
Ningen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Phoenix View Post
You would need to gather a group of Final Fantasy titles to get sales numbers like that. These guys are dangerous to giants like Square-Enix. They thought FFXIII did bad. It's a good thing the sequel isn't going up against Skyrim.
Honestly, I doubt that, simply because they don't compete. The market for Western RPGs is a lot different from the market for JRPGs. If anything, Bethesda is gunning for the CoD and Battlefield market by saying "hey, you could just buy a game that's a cookie cutter rehash of a game that came out 2 years, a game that is plagued by EA's douchebaggery, or you could spend $60 on a game that offers hundreds of hours of gameplay and no 12 year olds calling you a faggot".

You have no control

You are not

what you own
Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes Lamb's Post:
Zero Phoenix (11-17-2011)
Old 11-16-2011, 04:25 PM   #102
Animeguy91
Banned

No Avatar

Quote:
You would need to gather a group of Final Fantasy titles to get sales numbers like that. These guys are dangerous to giants like Square-Enix. They thought FFXIII did bad. It's a good thing the sequel isn't going up against Skyrim.
There 2 different types of rpgs
Animeguy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:27 PM   #103
-lexus-
Ningen

Quote:
They trolled the sh!t out of Square-Enix!!! So tell me people, what makes this game big things poppin? People were even talking about it in my Japanese class.
Its a totally different kind of RPG then what Square Enix tends to produce. Those are relatively set, linear stories you need to progress through. Freedom is really limited in the sense of things you can do besides the story. Skyrim at the other hand, offers you a big piece of land, that looks gorgeous, and says 'Well you can go left and play the main story line or you can go right, and do whatever you like. Feel like becoming an Assassin? Go ahead? Wanna be a noble hero? That way is to the Mercanary Guild. Or feel like setting up a home, organize it the way you want and just trade stuff to become filthy rich? There is the big city. Have fun!'

Its escapism in its purest form.

Avatar and signature pictures by Yang Xueguo
Look him up and buy his stuff for he makes wonderful art
-lexus- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes -lexus-'s Post:
Zero Phoenix (11-17-2011)
Old 11-16-2011, 05:02 PM   #104
Chimer
✖('°Ch†mR°')✖

Lol love the "How to steal" Vidz... xD

and lol tell me in which of square's game, i can decide ( cause i can be so mad sometimes ) to kill everyone in the entire world map oO i mean man i can be the most badass serial killer in the whole history of a video game =D ( i precise that off course if i do that before ending the game, il lhave to see the end of this game on Youtube... ) But i can do it if i want... Skyrim ( and for me all the elderscroll saga ) gives me one of the most freaking freedom i want in a RPG and thats why i just love this game. ( well Morrowind will forever be my ultimate favourite in this serie. ).

But Skyrim give some good points like you can hire lot of peoples ( even if its quite easy to get some NPC friends and call them to make team with you... ),but after i find it a bit easy in "normal" difficulty and i think abilities are a bit limited ( but you can choose already a nice amount of things and there are no limits in mixing abilities ways )

Anyway choose what you wanna be and be free to do what you want but don't forget that to each of your actions you will have to face consequences... that is Elderscroll currency. Play a life...

Now ill gonna take the power in the Thieves guild, after that ill rule the merx... But im still looking for the Dark Brotherhood... lvl 34, furtivity and archery to 100, half off skills at 55+, already Epic xD

Last edited by Chimer; 11-16-2011 at 05:09 PM.
Chimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:24 PM   #105
Illusia

Ok, so I was killing some shit then I turned to the sky and saw an awesome aurora like thing

I was like WTF
Illusia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Likes Illusia's Post:
Chimer (11-17-2011)
Old 11-16-2011, 11:11 PM   #106
Nightmare Gear
NG

I was fooling around because I finally got up to 100 sneak and added 45% of sneak. its funny to hide in plain sight. I was on a killing spree on dragons today had to fight 2 of them a couple of times. I need to find more shouts.

I have like 6 dragons souls unused, trying to find the rest of disarm shouts.

my major skills are 100 sneak, 71 one-handed, 61 smith, 40 light armor and lock-pick is 60 but I didn't put any perk into it.

Spoiler
Nightmare Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:36 AM   #107
Emeralda
Ningen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusia View Post
Ok, so I was killing some shit then I turned to the sky and saw an awesome aurora like thing
They are really pretty, aren't they?
Illusia (11-17-2011)
Old 11-17-2011, 06:44 AM   #108
Chimer
✖('°Ch†mR°')✖

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusia View Post
Yeah just awesome ^^

Btw now i look like Moonknight xD ( the comic guy... ) i now rule the thieves guild and im a follower of Nocturna ? ( Nocturne i n french but i dont know if its the same name for you guyz sorry... ) and i have obtain her armor... mix between style and MoonKnight style =D
I gues my devil plan to rule this world is on the good way =D

Do you have visited all the town around the world map ?? me not for now but there is a city i trully love => Markath ( french name... ) the city is in the most west corner of the map... just oO
Old 11-17-2011, 06:47 AM   #109
Emeralda
Ningen

Rawr, Markath is the first and only city I visited so far. And only because I was forcfully moved there from some random in on the other side of the map. Dwemer ruins are hard >.>
Old 11-17-2011, 06:58 AM   #110
Chimer
✖('°Ch†mR°')✖

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeralda View Post
Dwemer ruins are hard
Dunno i haven't try a full one yet, the only time i've done one, 75% of the mobs were already dead =/ But their giant "golem" are quite impressive oO