You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
GenerationOtaku  
                  Contact an Admin Twitter Facebook GO RSS Feed  
Go Back   GenerationOtaku > General Talk > Multimedia > Games

Unread 01-06-2012, 04:53 AM   #1
Emeralda
Ningen

Default Both PS4 and XBox 720 will be shown at E3

Quote:
UK games industry outlet MCV has reported that both the next Xbox AND the PlayStation 4 will be shown at this year's E3 in June.

This isn't the first time that a publication has cited an unnamed source with information like this, but this isn't some unknown central European games blog - MCV's credibilty makes this particular report worth paying attention to.

Speaking on Twitter, MCV's online editor Ben Parfitt said "Obviously we can't reveal our sources. But you have my personal word on this - the source is exemplary, 100% concrete, ultra high level."

We shouldn't necessarily expect a full-blown reveal, though - we might just see the announcement. Editor-in-Chief Michael French told IGN: "This is very credible. Even if we don't see the hardware itself, or know a price or date, key publishers and developers are expecting some nod towards what direction PS4 will take at E3 this year. Sony isn't stupid - it knows that if Microsoft is planning to also say something about its next console, it can't be left behind."

Many were expecting Microsoft to come out on stage at E3 with some information about the new Xbox, but Sony's reveal would be more surprising, as a new console at this stage in the PlayStation 3's life cycle would fly in the face of the company's stated "ten-year plan".

If both Sony and Microsoft do indeed reveal their new consoles at the same time as Nintendo details the release schedule and pricing for the Wii U, this would quite probably be the biggest E3 in history.
The lol console wars are upon us.
Unread 01-06-2012, 07:48 AM   #2
Hero King Gilgamesh
You Mongrels!

fk..and I just got a PS3. ceh..

Credits to Luluyuyu and Me
Spoiler
Hero King Gilgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2012, 07:52 AM   #3
Emeralda
Ningen

It's okay Kitty, I wouldn't expect the next generation of consoles to be released within the next two years. And even then, they will be expensive and have small game base.
Bloodrazor (01-06-2012)
Unread 01-06-2012, 08:23 AM   #4
Bloodrazor
SupaHotFire

What emmie said.

Just because they'll be unveiled doesn't mean it reflects the final product anyways.

Although, Sony and Microsoft will be competitive since the Wii already accounced theirs a year ahead.

Quote:
Elton John if you're visiting this site I have a question. Why are you gays all up in our face about it? I don't flaunt my heterosexuality in anyone's face but you guys want a **** medal for being different. And since when did it become OK for me to be called a *****r but the moment I drop the "F" word I'm the one who gets in trouble for libel. So you know what Elton John, here's another "F" word. F#ck you and the dude you rode in on.

*mic drop*
Bloodrazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2012, 08:44 AM   #5
Marionette
Ningen

Unless the new x-box is going to be free online, i think i'll just stick with playing things like fallout 3 and forge on halo, and play online games on my friends ps3
Marionette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2012, 09:26 AM   #6
Hero King Gilgamesh
You Mongrels!

hrum...true...true.

Credits to Luluyuyu and Me
Spoiler
Hero King Gilgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2012, 09:48 AM   #7
Marionette
Ningen

If you think about it, Sony isn't as wallet grabbing as Microsoft is being.
It's $20 for 3 months of online access including; party chat, online multi-player, and video chatting.
X-box silver is free but you basically only get the ability to text friends and access to the shop

PSN offers online multiplayer and party chat for free.
PSN plus offers additional storage,shop benefits and promotions.
Marionette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2012, 11:32 AM   #8
Zero Phoenix
Banned

No Avatar

Hope you guys are ready to fork over $800 for a system and $100 for every game. After I get VERSUS XIII I'm hanging up my controller for good.
Zero Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 02:17 AM   #9
Uzumakid

I'm happy and all for a new PS4 but Sony clearly stated a 10 year plan for the PS3, which is rather vague, because what it could mean is, 1.) That we wont see a PS4 on sale until about 2016 or somewhere around there or 2.) that yes the PS4 is on the way but the PS3 system will still have support for the next 4 years or so. My guess is that the PS4 will come out before 2016, cause you gots to make use of the new DirectX11... which non of the current generation makes use of.
Uzumakid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 05:06 AM   #10
wastedpanda
Ningen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzumakid View Post
My guess is that the PS4 will come out before 2016, cause you gots to make use of the new DirectX11... which non of the current generation makes use of.
Playstation uses OpenGL. The only system to use the direct APIs is Xbox. Fun fact: It's name was originally going to be DirectX box, and they wanted to use it to show the superiority of using D3D in games and other Direct APIs over the use of OpenGL. Overall, it was on par with, but not better than. Don't tell the rabid fanboys that though.

I can see the new xbox STILL having issues with shoddy production and poor heat management, which Sony makes another bank breaking powerhouse that cannot be fully utilized by it's games, and most of its games get dumbed down due to multi-console releases. Meanwhile, pc games continue to receive nothing but shitty ports in its dwindling game library due to baseless accusations that all pc gamers are pirates