PDA

View Full Version : Anime Recommendations!

Daemon
10-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Put your recommendations here! To make it a bit easier, you may use the format below.

Title:
Genre:
Why recommend:

Title: School Rumble
Genre: School, Comedy
Why recommend: One of the best light comedy out there, a lot of twists and misunderstandings that lead to more comedy.

Tatsumi
10-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Title: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Genre: Action, Comedy, Mecha, Sci-Fi
Why recommend: It's epic, funny and delivers a deep message that will stay for you for a long time :rambo:

pranta0013
10-13-2011, 11:47 PM
Title: Full Metal Panic
Genre: Action,Comedy,Mecha
Why recommend: Because it has all the ingredients that makes a person love an anime ... actions are decent and if you watch the FMP:Fomofuu then it's easily one of the most funny anime out there. So I bet you will like it if you are either a comedy or a mecha action fan. :)

Muragoeth
10-15-2011, 06:02 PM
Damnit. I liked Shuffle and Clannad too. Does that make me girly even though im not a girl? Anyway. Kaze whats his names picture reminded me of a really nice comedy series.

Title: Cromartie High School
Genre: Comedy
Why: It is damn hilarious. To the point where i nearly cried. Ofcourse when i watched it i was stoned as a shrimp and high as a kite. And maybe drunk as a skunk i don't know. But i do know it is hilarious.

Sanae
10-15-2011, 06:53 PM
@Muragoeth (http://generationotaku.net/forums/member.php?u=123) Nope, not at all ^__^

Soooooooo, nobody knows of any anime (plural form) that's like Clannad ^^? Something bitter sweet with a twist of comedy in it ^^

I'm a weirdo (I guess) that prefers dubs if they are available xD Yes yes, I know alot say subs are better, but I'm too lazy to read along when listening and watching what's going on XD;

Muragoeth
10-16-2011, 01:25 PM
Sanae I wonder if this works.

But im guessing you watched Shuffle allready? Also you could try Shuffle Memories. But i thought that was meh kinda of a repeat of shuffle literally. Other than that. Also can it be harem? Because if it can be harem then i might be able to help you :plan:

Edit: I just remembered. Specially for you Sanae. You could try School Days. I think its called school days anyway. Pretty sure it is. But try that.

Sanae
10-16-2011, 02:43 PM
@Sanae (http://generationotaku.net/forums/member.php?u=247) I wonder if this works.

But im guessing you watched Shuffle allready? Also you could try Shuffle Memories. But i thought that was meh kinda of a repeat of shuffle literally. Other than that. Also can it be harem? Because if it can be harem then i might be able to help you :plan:

Edit: I just remembered. Specially for you Sanae. You could try School Days. I think its called school days anyway. Pretty sure it is. But try that.
Asdfjkl, that's right, I've always wanted to watch School Days ^^ Thanks for the reminder <3

Harem is fine as well ^^

Yeah, I always meant to check out Shuffle Memories as well, but kept forgetting xD I kinda figured it would be a recap type thing :huh:

Muragoeth
10-16-2011, 05:58 PM
Sanae

It is a recap type thing. But if harem is fine then you could try Amagami SS, Asu no Yoichi, Ichiban ushiro Dai Mao, Infinite Stratos, Nagasarete Airantou, Sumomo Momomo, Seitokai no Ichizon, Seitokai Yakuindomo, Ichigo 100%, I my me Strawberry Eggs

Thats all i could find after a quick look on my external hard drive. I think i still missed a few though. Some of these titles are a bit more action based like infinite stratos and ichiban ushiro dai mao while others are more comedy based. But you can allways search them on ANN or anidb and watch one that strikes your fancy.

Hope this helps.

Sanae
10-16-2011, 06:52 PM
Yes it did Muragoeth <3 Thank you for yoru recommendations ^__^

pranta0013
11-02-2011, 08:55 AM
Title: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Genre: comedy,supernatural, and a lot more .....
Why recommend: I watched the Haruhi Suzumiya when it got released and loved it a lot ... the pot is insane and the story is insane too !! ... there is fun all over scattered and no matter how you start watching it you will have fun .. and the creators proved it during the airing of the series :P ... you will know what I am trying to say if you get to watch it :). And of course it's one of the topmost rated anime at today's date, so I suggest don't even think of missing it. ;)

Sanae
11-16-2011, 04:19 PM
I'm kinda in a magical fairy tale kick.. Anyone have any recommendations for any anime like that ^^? Something with romance in it <333

Animeguy91
11-16-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm kinda in a magical fairy tale kick.. Anyone have any recommendations for any anime like that ^^? Something with romance in it <333
School days

Darken
11-25-2011, 11:49 PM
Mirai Nikki !!! Yuno FTW :D the anime is promising , and can't wait to see each episode ~

roselillya
12-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Gundam Seed
Plot Summary: Heliopolis, a so-called neutral space colony was holding a top-secret weapons research facility, producing Gundams for the Earth Alliance. ZAFT, which is composed of Coordinators (genetically modified/upgraded humans), attacks Heliopolis, stealing 4 out of the Alliance's 5 Gundams. In the battlefield, civilian Kira Yamato stumbles upon the Strike, the last remaining Gundam of the alliance, and is forced to pilot it. In the midst of battle he encounters his best friend, Athrun Zala, as one of the hijackers of the 5 Gundams, who sides with ZAFT. Being a Coordinator, he is the only one who can pilot the Gundam. But Kira is not with ZAFT, even though they're his own kind, nor the Alliance. Since the Alliance is the only place he could turn to at the time, he sides with them. He pilots the Gundam to protect his friends, and to fight his best friend, which pains both of them. It's a war between individual beliefs. Source ANN (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=883)
Genres: action, drama, science fiction
Why recommend: It has some of the best Gundam models in the whole franchise, it has a good story and very good characters ;)

Infinite Ryvius
Plot Summary: The year is AD 2225. Kouji Aiba and Aoi Housen are serving as astronauts in-training in Liebe Delta which is located on the edge of the Geduld Sea. When saboteurs with unknown intents suddenly strike during a routine dive procedure, the space station plummets into the Geduld, a plasma field that links all the planets like a nervous system and crushes any ship that strays too far into it. With all the adults onboard killed, the young astronauts will have to survive this long journey home in midst of the growing tension amongst each other. Meanwhile the organizers of the sabotage look on and prepare to attack once more. ANN (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=411)
Genres: drama, psychological, romance, science fiction
Why recommend: Because I think its a very unappreciated anime (I dunno many people who have seen it) and I very much enjoy the idea of the students being stranded in space trying to find refuge

Zegapain
Plot Summary: Kyo, an avid swimmer tries his best to keep the high school swimming club going, which is pretty hard when he's the only member. Facing the prospect of the club being closed by the student council, he tries to enlist beautiful Misaki to act in a promo video, shot by his good friend Ryoko, in a bid to start a recruitment drive. She agrees but only if he pilots a mecha under the wing of Celebrum, a resistance organisation fighting to destroy Deutera Areas formed on Earth by the aliens Gards-orm. He agrees but finds it all strangely familiar as if he's done it before.... ANN (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=6145)
Genres: drama, mystery, romance, science fiction
Why recommend: I was surprised at how much I liked the anime. Almost felt like the matrix with them living in a virtual world then only a select few being pulled out into the real world to save mankind.

Loli
12-18-2011, 10:19 PM
Title: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Genre: Psychological Horror

Why Recommended: It's a psychological horror. What more do you want?

May not be for the everyone or the simple minded or maybe you're just not into horror. It can be really confusing unless you watch it all the way through, and even though it's a horror it has it's comic relief of cuteness and such... sometimes. I really like the characters and the plot is pretty original as well. Dunno what else I can say. It's my favorite anime and I recommend it.

lancercore
02-03-2012, 01:55 AM
Title: COWBOY BEBOP

Genre: action, adventure, fantasy, comedy

Why recommended: I mean c'mon its cowboy bebop....one of the epic anime of all time...not only has it earned fame in the anime market...but according to imdb statistics..its one of the top 50 tv shows of all time....one of my fav animes and epic story.. i mean its a surprise taht we dont have it in our dllist.

Kojo
02-03-2012, 09:21 AM
Brave 10.
if you like watching Sengoku Basara and Samurai Deeper Kyo, this one should not be missed. with great action and good ninja fight. something to watch out for is when will Isanami shows her real power.

lancercore
02-16-2012, 12:44 AM
yakitate japan.........if you guys like over the top comedy,, then this is something you shouldnt miss...its about bread making one of the greatest comedy ever..it even comedize shows liek naruto, op dbz even bruce lee

Muragoeth
03-11-2012, 12:54 PM
Okay this might sound like a contradiction but does anyone know any good battle like series with bad endings or endings where the main character doesn't live happily ever after? Kinda getting tired of the everything was fine afterwards stories i need some tragic heroism.

Like this

Like Spike from Cowboy Bebop

Or stories with an epic hero that becomes a super villian or a story about a villian always nice too.

Code Geass, Death note and stuff like that.

Massive ammounts of brutality is always accepted ofcourse.

Surreal
03-15-2012, 10:41 PM
Muragoeth I would recommend Shigurui: Death Frenzy but if you have a weak stomach, watch out.

Xiga
03-16-2012, 02:39 AM
Title: Samurai Champloo
Genre: Samurai, Adventure, Travel
Why recommend:Samurai champloo is an easy going yet serious somehow anime which has many awesome features. The characters are great, and the feel of it, as it isnt one of the NEW animes, is awesome *w*

Title: Wolf's Rain
Genre: Paradise,Travel Action Adventure Drama Scifi (apocalyptic-ish)
Why recommend: It is amazing... Old school-ish anime about wolfs having to escape humans and teir tries to find paradise. Its bittersweet melancholic, and awesome.

Muragoeth
03-16-2012, 05:30 AM
Surreal I actually saw that one. Was pretty badass.

nOOb360
03-16-2012, 10:53 AM
people mentioned clannad and i was wondering if they watched the after story:
Title: Clannad After Story
Genre: slice of life and deep stuff... ^_^;
Reason: if you have watched clannad then you will like this. It is really sad though and it will leave its mark, made me cry.

nOOb360
03-16-2012, 06:30 PM
Title: Fate/zero
Genre:Action, fantasy, thriller.
Why: i know a lot of guys are fans of fate/stay night and they will LOVE this. its about the 4th holy grail war where 7 mages each summon a heroic spirit from the past to wage war and claim the holy grail - an omnipotent wish granting device. it shows more sides compared to fate/stay night with all 7 party's aims being explored with better action and thrill. The heroic spirits are imba~~ @.@

Ace_of_Spades XD
03-16-2012, 07:07 PM
Title: Claymore
Genre: Action, Horror
Why recommend: It's pretty Awesome, the story is pretty interesting, though I haven't read the manga... YET! Also the animations pretty good, and I kinda want to bang that one chick on that one episode. '-'

lancercore
03-29-2012, 10:38 AM
Title:Great Teacher Onizuka(GTO)
Genre: comedy, drama, delinquents, ecchi, slice of life, legendary
Why recommend: Its Gto one of the greatest anime of all time. for people who dont watch anime that much or are just begginners this is the anime for them, these epic fall of the chair comdef\dy i'll never forget.
http://s17.postimage.org/jbszo8drv/images_q_tbn_ANd9_Gc_Q32_e_Ukd_QSu_VXb_F7r5gpq_z_L Kj_YDx_X_7_WJ_7b_VWNee_Xxv_IGt8_J4o_Llx4n.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

Madara Eternal Mangekyo
03-29-2012, 09:40 PM
Title: Gungrave
Genre: Action, Drama, Sci-Fi, Supernatural

Why recommend: Anyone ever heard of that legendary manga and anime called Trigun? Well, Yasuhiro Nightow is back with another masterpiece. After creation of the games holding the same name, he set out of his way to bring Gungrave to life as an anime. Personally, I liked Gungrave more than Trigun and that is saying a lot due to how amazing the latter had been. This anime is of high quality and loaded with action without the need of excessive blood and gore. A must watch for anyone who enjoyed Trigun or Cowboy Bebop.

TheUltimateOtaku
05-14-2013, 05:12 PM
Title: Demonbane
Genre: Mecha, Action, Romance

As over the top as this anime was, it kept my attention. The seriousness of the fight in good heart has great moral values and the romance side story is quite interesting and compliments the main plot. I'd recommend it. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this. I have a whole list of great anime though, XD.

Tatsumi
05-22-2013, 11:49 PM
Title: Hajime no Ippo
Genre: comedy, drama, tournament
Why recommend: Its pretty great, one of the only few sports anime that I recommend at least giving it a try, it gets intense at some points, really brings out the spirit to anyone, well at least for me anyway. The manga is pretty sweet read as well.

Eternal Solitude
06-07-2013, 10:15 AM
Title: Cromartie High School
Genre: Comedy, Parody

Very funny, will make u laugh :toldya: