PDA

View Full Version : Anime Good for Halloween

Surreal
10-26-2011, 12:19 PM
So Halloween is just in a few days, and I'm curious to know what anime series you guys think would be great for Halloween?

My top five would be:
Pet Shop of Horrors
Higrashi no Naku Koro ni
Devil Lady (but that might be because I also found it hot XD)
Tokyo Babylon
RIN ~Daughters of Mnemosyne~ (and once again probably because I thought it was hot, too. lol)

Share your top five, or top whatever. Give me an idea what to watch this year. :P

Also, does anyone agree that Paranoia Agent has a Freddy Krueger vibe?

Emeralda
10-26-2011, 12:39 PM
Jigoku Shoujo
Ghost Hunt
Spirited Away

A special note goes to episode 21 of Ouran High School Host Club

Surreal
10-26-2011, 12:58 PM
A special note goes to episode 21 of Ouran High School Host Club

Great episode:thumb: I found it funny and sweet, like most of the whole series. lol

Zero Phoenix
10-26-2011, 02:26 PM
I'm surprised to see Tokyo Babylon on this list. Would I be correct in following up your recommendation with X?

Surreal
10-26-2011, 03:06 PM
I'm surprised to see Tokyo Babylon on this list. Would I be correct in following up your recommendation with X?

Reason why I put Tokyo Babylon on my list is because it does have the theme of supernatural. Not to mention I love the characters, which might be one if not the only reason why I like X. But I don't see X as anything I would recommend for a horror anime, though Tokyo Babylon is.

Zero Phoenix
10-26-2011, 03:14 PM
Reason why I put Tokyo Babylon on my list is because it does have the theme of supernatural. Not to mention I love the characters, which might be one if not the only reason why I like X. But I don't see X as anything I would recommend for a horror anime, though Tokyo Babylon is.

Not trying to put you on the spot or anything but the theme of the supernatural is consistent in all of CLAMP's works. Tokyo Babylon, while retaining the themes CLAMP is known for, did not embrace it's darkside until the middle of the series. X on the other hand was apocalyptic from beginning to end (whooo scary :D) while maintaining the supernatural themes CLAMP is known for.

Not making a stink or anything but I just think it's odd to put Tokyo Babylon on a list like this but not X which had the same themes (a few of the same character), and a darker tone.

Surreal
10-26-2011, 03:29 PM
Not making a stink or anything but I just think it's odd to put Tokyo Babylon on a list like this but not X which had the same themes (a few of the same character), and a darker tone.

As a preference, I prefer Tokyo Babylon. Make a stink if you want or not, but its just a preference. :P And I view X as more of a fantasy genre. It didn't have the scary factor, regardless if it based on the end of the world.

Zero Phoenix
10-27-2011, 09:21 AM
As a preference, I prefer Tokyo Babylon. Make a stink if you want or not, but its just a preference. :P And I view X as more of a fantasy genre. It didn't have the scary factor, regardless if it based on the end of the world.

My apologies for being objective. :plan:

crwallenberg
10-27-2011, 09:58 AM
I second ghost hunt, gotta have a little fun

High school of the dead
Boogiepop phantom
Blood+

Surreal
10-27-2011, 01:32 PM
My apologies for being objective. :plan:

No worries. ^^. Now list your picks :come:

Zero Phoenix
10-27-2011, 01:37 PM
Vampire Hunter D
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
Hellsing Ultimate
Tokyo Babylon
X-1999 (Yeah I went there.)

Surreal
10-28-2011, 12:25 PM
X-1999 (Yeah I went there.)

well played, well played.^^ And I suppose I should have added Vampire Hunter D to my list.

Mr. Hyde
10-29-2011, 03:06 PM
Surely you could go with Ao No Exorcist ^^.

Although haven't seen the anime so not sure if it translated well from the manga.

Surreal
10-30-2011, 10:49 AM
Surely you could go with Ao No Exorcist ^^.

Although haven't seen the anime so not sure if it translated well from the manga.

I'm sure thats an awesome pick for Halloween. ^^ If is influenced by Grimms Brothers' fairy tales, So yeah, that's some freaky, creepy stuff. XD

pranta0013
11-01-2011, 02:49 PM
How about Trinity Blood or Higurashi no Naku Koro ni !

Zero Phoenix
11-02-2011, 12:49 PM
How the hell did I forget about Trinity Blood?! :omg:

Surreal
11-02-2011, 08:18 PM
I guess I was just too drawn into the artwork of Trinity Blood that I didn't think of it being candidate for Halloween. But I suppose it is. XD Man, I love that series, too. Now I must go find my DVD set and rewatch. Able so sexy when he changes. XD