I recommend Kokoro Connect

Posted by Daemon at 11:36 pm, July 30, 2012 • 3,156 views

As I crawl my way back to watching anime, I picked up another gem that is too good to pass. Kokoro Connect is adapted from the light novel series written by Sadanatsu Anda. The plot is simple: it is about five students who gets their souls swapped random. Unreal? That’s what I thought. Each of the students have their own unique circumstances and each time they swap their souls, they all get a glimpse of what each one of them is going through.

Why is this a recommended series?

I started watching this thinking it maybe a good comedy/harem series but after just 3 episodes, it offers so much more. Aside from being in the comedy/supernatural/school life genre, I see a lot of drama behind it. As a group, it is all about fun and mischief — a “normal” guy, a pervert, a martial artist, a “one of the boys” type of girl and a sarcastic-stoic girl all came together and decided to create a club because they do not want to go to any other club. Sounds cool but once you get past that and they start swapping their souls, they start to realize that things are not what they seem. Each of them have some kind of burden to carry and eventually they will all need each other’s help to get by. Really good stuff and I like it.

I do not want to get into any more details, just go and check it out yourself. To enjoy it fully, watch it with an open mind, do not expect and compare it with any other series, watch and enjoy it for what it is and what it has to offer ^^

Oh, and WTF is this?! LOL. Spoilers for latest episode just below. Not sure if Inaba is serious but, wow.

Show »

Screen shots from episodes 1 to 3.

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Email this to someone

Comments

1. pranta0013 07/31/2012 (12:30 am)

Ok I will have a go at this ^.^

I recommend “Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita”.

2. skyprince11 07/31/2012 (1:54 am)

3. Cuatro 07/31/2012 (9:47 am)

recommend this also.. the story may start slow but it become more intense later.. and eps 4 just made my day with the “confession” being made.. XD

4. HentaiKing 07/31/2012 (12:37 pm)

somehow this kinda reminds me of the Hentai Game X-Change XD

5. Ace_of_Spades XD 07/31/2012 (2:55 pm)

….sold ‘-’

6. nightcaster 07/31/2012 (10:44 pm)

Sword Art Online is also a good show to watch. A good twist in the story and the hero’s role is pretty interesting.

7. NinjaKnightmare 08/01/2012 (3:35 am)

:O i’ve been needing something to watch, i’ll check this out~ ^^

8. Silver21 08/01/2012 (3:47 am)

friends

LOL!!!

9. shinn 08/02/2012 (5:33 am)

yoshh!! gonna try this one…

10. silentwarriorr 08/02/2012 (11:38 pm)

its a good one i liked it too

11. tiga88 08/03/2012 (5:46 am)

epic confession, best ever!

12. necrodiver 08/05/2012 (7:12 am)

hm soul swap interresting subject knowing how and what the others feel a int a bad thing at all might be interresting even sorry for not using commas never been a fan of them well seems to be a good pearl ill give it a shot who know as the french say i might find my next coup de coeur

13. 2339655 08/05/2012 (8:00 am)

lol I couldn’t resist looking at the spoilers. XD
    sounds interesting. will definitely download. It’s true we shouldn’t compare though, made that mistake with hyouka and that turns out to be quite nice. thanks btw. ^^