Katawa Shoujo Walkthrough

Posted by Daemon at 12:33 am, January 09, 2012 • 203,754 views

Note: Lotsa spoilers. Probably my last post and thoughts about this VN. A very good one, I enjoyed it a lot!

I initially wanted to run through the game as fast as I can but after finishing my very first route, it left me so sad and heartbroken (yeah, bad ending). So I played the game through and through to get all the endings and make myself feel better. Like I said on my first Katawa Shoujo post, this is a game that you definitely need to play. Five female routes, good, neutral and bad endings, the adult scenes were “artistically” done and can be removed if you want, this will keep you playing for quite a while.

Unfortunately, while there are people who like it, I’ve also heard that some people did not like the game for a few reasons. Some find the title offensive (apparently “katawa” is something that is frowned at in Japan) and some think that this is just an eroge seducing people with disabilities. That is NOT the case. Looking beyond the title and the disabilities, this is about a man and a woman falling in love. For someone who likes simple love stories, I find this very heart warming.

That being said, I hope you try to finish the VN on your own first before doing this guide. Act 1 is a bit long but your choices do not affect the ending, it only determines what route will be taken. I also think introducing yourself in class or not doesn’t matter. This guide is not perfect, this is just how I finished the game, supplemented by a few guides thrown out in the net. But if you see anything that needs to be corrected, let me know!

DDL (Mediafire, about 420 mb):

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Katawa Shoujo Artbook PDF

Determining routes:

Emi route

- Yeah of course (I don’t think the answer here really matters)
- I think I got everything
- Attack aggressively
- I’m sorry I didn’t mean to startle you
- She’s cute
- Talk to Hanako
- Yes (Doc asks to do running)
- Go for it (while training)

Shizune route

- Yeah of course
- Ask about her deafness
- Attack aggressively
- I’m sorry I didn’t mean to startle you
- She wasn’t cute
- Wait for Shizune and Misha
- Maybe (Doc asks to do running)
- Don’t drag me into this, I’ve done my part
- Dodge the subject

Hanako route

- Yeah of course
- Ask about the library
- Play defensively
- Hi I am new here
- She was cute
- Talk to Hanako
- Maybe (Doc asks to do running)
- Cut me and Lilly some slack
- Sorry, I’m not in a very good condition
- Go to the library

Lilly route

- Yeah of course
- Ask about the library
- Play defensively
- Hi I am new here
- She was cute
- Talk to Hanako
- Maybe (Doc asks to do running)
- Cut me and Lilly some slack
- Sorry, I’m not in a very good condition
- Walk around town

Rin route

- Yeah of course
- I think I got everything
- Play defensively
- I’m sorry I didn’t mean to startle you
- She wasn’t cute
- Read my book
- Yes (Doc asks to do running)
- Don’t drag me into this, I’ve done my part
- Take it easy
- Sorry, I’m not in a very good condition
- Join the art club

Kenji route + end
(Yes, surprisingly there is a Kenji end! I can’t remember what I did to get the foreveralone.jpg ending so I had to search it)

- Yeah of course
- Ask about her deafness
- Attack aggressively
- Sorry, I didn’t mean to startle you
- She wasn’t cute
- Wait for Shizune and Misha
- Don’t drag me into this
- Go for it
- Yeah sure, I was having fun at the nurse’s office

Now moving on how to Katawa Shoujo’s “good” endings, I think the good endings hinge on only one or two answers during Act 3 I think.

Emi end
Mutou wants to talk to you after class:
- Ignore mutou “No, I have other things to worry about” then “Give in and let Misha know”
or
- Listen to mutou “I suppose i can spare a few minutes” and “then talk to her mom”

Shizune end
- Do not comfort Misha

Hanako end
After Lilly goes to Scotland:
- Listen to Lilly’s advice

Lilly end
While having an expensive dinner date:
- Mention the letter

Rin end
I think this is while Rin is staying at the atelier of the 22nd corner gallery:
- Choose “Need to understand” then “But if you found someone like that?”

Also, good anons at 4ch posted a huge flowchart showing all the routes and another mini-guide to all the bad endings.

Katawa Shoujo flowchart
Katawa Shoujo’s mini-guide bad ending

After going through all their stories, I got a mixture of emotions — sadness, happiness, and empitness (thanks to the bad endings). Sure, there are adult scenes but it is an important part of the game. The stories are sad and innocent that I almost shed manly tears. Personally, if I need to rank the girls it would be Rin > Lilly > Emi > Hanako > Shizune. Rin’s route is a bit hard to get and the most confusing of all the girls. I guess that’s why I enjoyed her route. It seems she is confused about her new found feelings and is unable to express it properly. For the rest of the girls, it is kinda straightforward. Shizune/Misha is the last because they are too manipulative for my taste. But! Again, all of their routes are worth playing, please do not mind the title or disabilities. Kudos to Four Leaf Studios for such an awesome game!

Act 2 opening FMVs uploaded by tsunamistate (SPOILER ALERT!)

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Email this to someone

Comments

1. SHot-OS 01/09/2012 (5:19 am)

Thank you Daemon! I was searching everywere for a walkthrough!!!! :) This game is amazing!

2. ikorose 01/09/2012 (11:14 am)

there is no misha route? i seem to like misha :(

• Daemon 01/09/2012 (11:22 am)

there’s no misha route but she is always with shizune anyway so play shizune’s route to get their stories :D

• Pazzoacul 01/28/2013 (4:39 pm)

yes there is you can do it simply with doing the Shizune’s route but at the end you have to comfort Misha

3. Rnzboy 01/09/2012 (9:40 pm)

I probably am over thinking this but doesn’t anybody feel a tinge of sadness when you start again after completing a route? It’s like you’ve spent hours falling in love with a girl only to start over and have her look at you and know nothing as you chase after a different girl.
    Bleh i guess that attachment makes KS as a really good story for me ><

• Daemon 01/09/2012 (10:48 pm)

you are right, that is how this game should be played. stick with your girl and savor every emotion. unfortunately, the capturing god in me told me to get them all -.-

4. AzureGrimoire 01/09/2012 (11:12 pm)

I’m really looking forward for the Misha route…
    Well, awesome VN is awesome.

5. Tsunami 01/12/2012 (3:51 pm)

Well, thanks a lot for two things:
    a) For this walk-through. Even when I made it myself I still got couple of scenes skipped. Now it’s 100% progress *deletes persistent data and saves*
    b) For embedding my vids. It’s cool to be the first one who uploaded FMV’s in original quality, but now my work is honoured. Thank you :)

Oh, and I don’t think Misha’s route is necessary. Her role is perfect there. Plus, I’m pleased with her H-scene :D

• Daemon 01/12/2012 (5:49 pm)

added link to your youtube channel :D

yeah misha did not really need any route given her…preference. i am disappointed with their story though. and i think a lot of people agree that shizune’s route was poorly written.

• Tsunami 01/14/2012 (11:53 am)

Well, I disagree. I think Shizune’s route has her own good drama (I felt so sorry for Misha…) and one of the best H-scenes. Even if her route was made last it still holds the quality of previous routes. The only disappointment is that there is only ONE CHOICE during her route. It’s like I’m reading kinetic novel instead of visual one :(

6. kevinner 01/14/2012 (4:33 am)

is this hentai????

• Tsunami 01/14/2012 (11:57 am)

Yeap! So you should read it while your mom’s not watching :)
      That or disable adult content, but you’ll lose half of all fun

7. kristalyamaki 01/15/2012 (8:24 am)

Hi! I’ve taken Rin’s route twice and found some errors in your flowchart version 1.2.

I’ll start at Rin’s Act 2. I suck > stuck > like Rin > talent wasted (?) > Emi > (still in the art club) (?) > understand > why stop artist? > (“does not matter” not an option) (?)…

Let me re-clarify them.
    1. I have chosen “like Rin”, and therefore I shouldn’t have the option “talents wasted”.
    2. At the dandelion scene, I chose “Emi” and I was expecting to get booted out of the club, but I wasn’t.
    3. At the “things you hate” scene, “Doesn’t matter” was not an option.

Maybe you may want to fix these errors. :D

8. mutsumi 02/01/2012 (3:01 am)

I got the game, it’s epic!! Now i know why it’s so popular!!

• Daemon 02/01/2012 (3:43 am)

wahahahaha yes it is epic that’s why everyone needs to play it.

9. necckko 03/13/2012 (6:32 pm)

Need help.. I really can’t get the very last CG and a certain scene in ACT 1. My standing is already 99% and I’ve already finished all the characters (including Kenji), but I still can’t get the very last CG.. Need help.. >.<

10. Elot 02/09/2013 (4:56 pm)

I fell in love with Lily, she is my absolute favorite ending in the entire game, I hope four leaf studios comes out with another game much like this one